Overview and Benefits of Boundless' Ultra Low Bandwidth, Low Power, Outdoor, Covert, Cellular Wireless, Digital Video Surveillance Systems
Speed and ease of deployment are critical in outdoor covert video surveillance. All of our Smart uPTZ Cameras have low power consumption, only about 1/10 others. When a utility pole is available, our Faux-Meter Box Smart uPTZ Camera with All-in-One Power can use AC or internal, rechargeable, long life, LiFePO4 battery, with up to 2 weeks' continuous video run time on a single battery charge. Or use its batteries and your own small solar panel.
In outdoor video surveillance, high quality recorded video is important evidence. It has a major impact on the direction of on-going investigations. If the highest quality recorded video is important as evidence, and dropouts must be avoided, then the video must be recorded near the camera rather than being sent live over a wide area network to a distant network video recorder.
Boundlessí ultra low bandwidth, systems-in-a-box internally record better video than can be sent live, with two weeks' or more storage duration. Internal video recording is not affected of the number of viewers. It is not affected by congestion and dropouts in the cellular network, and of periodic changes, and resulting Internet connection dropouts, in dynamic IP addresses. And, Boundless' PTZ control is optimized for use with wireless, wide area networks.
In contrast, most outdoor utility pole-camera systems contain nothing more than an IP camera, cellular modem and a power supply. They require the user to set up, configure and maintain a video recording and retransmission system at their location, and to configure their network to allow remote access to it. Continuously sending video over the air to the recorder loses video when cellular networks are poor or congested, and can use an entire month's cellular data quota in a only few days. This is unworkable for commercial applications, and becoming increasingly problematic for government applications.
Benefits of Boundless' Smart uPTZ Cameras
- small, light weight and inconspicuous
- very low power for battery and solar use
- extra low power model with Super Power Saver option can continuously run approx. two weeks with an external, 12V, 60 AH, 16#, LiFePO4 (lithium) battery (not included), roughly one day per pound of battery
- fully custom preconfigured for plug-and-play, no IT dept. required
- covert, some models mimic utility pole-mounted telecommunications equipment, without light- and sharpness-losing concealment
- remote access via Internet and cellular network to live and internally recorded video, Stranger Detector™ locating system, and control of uPTZ camera (cell service not incl.)
- high definition (1920x1080 and 960x540) H.264/MP4 video accessible via browser
- dual-stream: default configuration is 960x540 live and recorded for monitoring, PTZ control and accelerated review of recordings, and sharper, 1920x1080 recorded for investigations / evidence. Note: two recorded streams, one live stream.
- Rapid Review / Integrated Timelapse (optional) enables reviewing an hour's or a day's recorded video over the air in 30 seconds, and drilling down for more details, providing a new paradigm for monitoring the activity of subjects
- 256 GB of internal solid state video storage with rapid access video file system
- ultra low bandwidth with no streaming to distant video recorder reduces cellular traffic by 250 GB/month and records high quality video even when networks are congested
- optical zoom with mechanical pan and tilt (not digital PTZ), read a license plate at 450 feet
- remote power control for battery use so camera can sleep for weeks at extremely low power until needed
- patented Stranger Detector™ locating system, smartphone WiFi monitoring system
- multi-purpose -- depending on model: lamp post, utility pole, tripod (SWAT), or use an "embeddable" model hidden in traffic barrel, traffic cone, faux-rock, faux-meter box or your own covert housing
- fully sealed keeps out dust and moisture
- battery-free, shutdown UPS (no charging gases) protects file system from power loss
- made in the USA by a woman-owned, small business founded in 2003
- MIT system-engineering and know-how with years of field experience
||Detailed Comparison Chart for 5 Mega-Pixel, Outdoor, Covert Smart uPTZ Camera
Boundless Security Systems, Inc. (BSSI) · 261 South Main Street, Unit #285 · Newtown, CT 06470 USA
203-445-0562 · fax 203-304-2048 · info (at) BoundlessSecurity (dot) com
Copyright © 2005-17 by Boundless Security Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Patents pending and issued. All trademarks belong to their respective owners and are used for product identification purposes only.